Monday, May 12, 2008

The Seadog Mother's Day 5K Race

I finished in 22:14, compared to 21:39 a year ago. Oddly, I feel pretty good about the race. I'm still base building after the long winter, and have hardly been to the track. I'm still chubby (13 pounds heavier than a year ago) but will take off the weight. It's great running weather, I have no disruptive travel plans and should be able to train consistently.

The Doc's Tavern race in a month will be a much better test.

I ran in to work this morning, and I'll run in tomorrow and Thursday. On Wednesday, I'll run to/from the track and do a quality track session. I'm going to walk to work on Friday. Then I hope to do my normal Saturday long run and a moderate 10K on Sunday. I need to manage my weekly mileage uptick despite the fact that I feel good and I'm impatient with my weight loss (lack there of).

No comments: