Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Brand New Plan

No this is not a reference to the alternative country classic Copperhead Road (check it out here). I'm referring to my ongoing frustrations with running injuries. Specifically, I tried to run on Sunday and made it through 23 minutes before debilitating hamstring pain and tightness. This after a 2.5 week lay-off. I'll try to run for 30 minutess tomorrow. I'll run on the track, hills seem to trigger the symptoms.

In the meantime, I need to acknowledge that I need a brand new plan to stay fit: running, despite its simplicity, is just too injury inducing to be my primary source of fitness. So, I'm back on the rower, and into the gym for stretching and strengthening.

3 comments:

TW said...

WTF over! Are you walking,stretching,pulling your pud or what?! Jumpin' blue! Do something,even if it's wrong! You must be related to Jeff! Love the blogs! Keep up the good work. If you can call eating and drinking in Portland's finest work!

Stephen Lacey said...

Pete, I can relate to your post. Good luck finding the right mix of exercise and the time and motivation to pursue it. I'd be happy enough to plough up and down a pool if only the Japanese pool managers were not so cunning at opening them at just the time when you can't use them.

Jeff said...

My sources tell me you've returned to running, but I see you haven't returned to blogging.
I share TW's frustration at the lack of entertaining updates. At the least I'd hoped for a Locavorian confession after the Virginia trip. What's the matter, you have to work or something?