Monday, July 7, 2008

A Day of Reckoning

Today is my birthday. It's a minor one--not a milestone. I'm still closer to fifty than to sixty. I am in the worst shape of my adult life. My weight is near an all time high (240 lbs.) and I can't run far or fast (even by my meager standards). I paddle rather than row. It is time to make changes!

I've been whining about back and hamstring issues. Then I saw this poor bastard's injury:

Catcher Chris Snyder left Monday night's game after getting hit by a foul tip in the groin area. About an hour before Tuesday's game the Diamondbacks put him on the 15-day disabled list with a left testicular fracture.

Snyder will undergo surgery on Wednesday with Melvin hoping his return is relatively soon.

"Hopefully looking at a 15-day period, where he is back after the All-Star break," Melvin said after the D-Backs 8-6 loss to the Brewers on Tuesday night.


That's right, a broken ball. You can watch it-- here.

Anyway, I'm going to break my balls to get back in shape.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

There is no way in the wide world that I am going to click on that link to see a man get a ruptured testicle. The sympathy pains alone would be unbearable.

Sorry to her that your weight/fitness are not where you want them to be. Fitness is a tough road to hoe sometimes and I am just barely hanging in by my fingernails.

TW said...

Some light reading may be in order birthday boy!The Testosterone Advantage Plan,Lou Schuler,Rodale press.The claim is that strength training is a better fat-loss tool than aerobic exercise.Stay positive and cover those testicles!