Sunday, December 14, 2008

Working At It

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'm going to track the week's workout total here despite the fact that I haven't done my Sunday morning spin yet.

I had a successful workout week, with 5 hours total of sweat exercise between rowing, spinning, and kettlebell. The kettlebell stuff is the most intense, but all the workouts are at least solidly in the aerobic zone (the kettlebell stuff is more like a track interval session).

My fitness is improving. Another breakthrough: I had a cortisone shot in my foot and it (along with the prescribed anti-inflamatory) has made a huge difference. As in, my foot pain is basically gone.

So that's all good. I'm enthusiastic about the workouts and feel that the combination of the three exercise practices gives me the well-rounded fitness that I seek. I have two challenges, however: I'm going to have some minor foot surgery in a couple of weeks that'll lay me up for a few days. I just need to avoid having that deter my momentum. The other challenge is my weight. I'm going to ignore that through teh holidays and then attack it somewhat aggressively.

No comments: