Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rethinking my plan

Today:

221.4

RHR = 43

Yesterday:

221.8

RHR = 42

I'm thinking about changing my weekly running routine in an attempt to get faster while remaining uninjured. Specifically, I'm planning to add a second "speed" (i.e. do both a VO2 Max and an LT workout each week) workout, shorten and quicken my long run and replace "junk" miles with cross training (specifically, the rowing machine but also some stretching designed to avoid back troubles). Beyond thinking about it, I will implement. At my current pace I'm very concerned that I won't hit my BtB target. I need to shake things up.

Yesterday's workout was good:

5 X 1K in 4:02 with 2:49 recovery. HR right where it should be. I ran the first couple of intervals too fast (3:59) and as a result ran the last 2 too slow (4:04) but all in all a quality run. With warm up and cooldown, 13K on the day.

Today:

5K rowing plus stretching. My back feels better already!

No comments: