Friday, July 6, 2007

In Search of......

.......ramen.

There's a sushi joint by my new place (a 10 minute walk) that features inexpensive sushi and $2 pints of Kirin Ichiban on draft during the weekday 4:00-6:30 happy hour. The ita-san is from Kobe. The TV above the sushi bar is always tuned to some silly Japanese game show, it seems. If I close my eyes I am temporarily back in Tokyo. It's nice. The sushi is good and fresh and while the beer is mediocre, it is authentic.

But, to get ramen, I must go to New York City. So, after my run this morning and a work day, we're off! Oh yeah, also on the agenda is moving daughter Sarah into her new place (84th and 1st) to start her new job and her new, post-collegiate life.

I'm planning to dine on Hakata Ramen:


Looks pretty good, don't you think?

This offering is from Menchanko-Tei, midtown:

http://www.menchankotei.com/

I'm off to run. I need to:

227.0 (damn!)

The run: pretty good. After a 20 minute warm-up Scott and I settled in to that 8:00 mile pace, or near it, and ran for 1:20:39 total. Let's call it 15K.

No comments: