Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Frustration

My post (well, during is when I first noticed it) BtB lower right hamstring injury is back.

I had the same run this morning that I had two weeks ago to the day: felt fine at the start; started to hurt after 20 minutes or so; at the halfway point of my run (equidistant turning around or forging ahead) the pain was significant enough to contemplate stopping; after 38 minutes, I stopped running and walked home.

last time 3 days rest did the trick--temporarily it now seems. This time I'll try a week, and a massage.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I just went back to basketball after about two weeks of resting my hamstring from jumping activities. It's been very frustrating. I just realized that I might have to do something other than add a little half-hearted stretching between or after games. I consider it to be linked with my past foot/achilles/calf tightness, so maybe putting an insert in my shoe might ameliorate things somewhat -- no help to you; I bet you already run with orthotics. Anyway, if you find anything that really works, I'd like to know; bicycling and walking are fun, but I'd like to keep running and playing basketball more often than once every two weeks.