Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hit the Road, Fatboy!

230.2 (the fatboy reference)

Phase II transition starts today. More milage, more consistency, more food and drink discipline. I'll run my regular 10K route this morning.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A Problem:

I have an (minor, I hope) injury. During the last mile of the race my right lower hamstring started to hurt. In addition, my left hip started hurting. The hip thing comes and goes. The hamstring is new, I think (I believe it was my other hamstring that I injured in 2005). All the pain seemed to be gone until I ran this morning. The hamstring injury became disabling and I had to stop and walk home. I ran 37:28, let's call it 7K. I may or may not run tomorrow, I'll see how it feels.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Not good about the injury Pete. Have you been neglecting getting regular massages?

Pete said...

That's what I've been missing!

I'll try running again in the morning and stop if it still hurts. It feels okay walking around today.