Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy with a PW


I ran the Beach to Beacon race today and despite my worst ever time (50:55) I was pleased with my effort. The result was an honest reflection of my fitness level. The race is inspirational for me this year, with a simple message: get in shape, asshole! I plan to heed that message and hope to have a good 5K race before the end of the year. I'm not sure what defines good at this point. Anything under 22 minutes, I guess. But my back didn't really bother me during the race, nor did my legs, particularly. It was hard work and I'm pleased to have gotten through it.

I'll get right back to my routine with a recovery run tomorrow, and a hrad workout Wednesday. I'll continue that pattern (running Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday) and mix in my gym workouts the rest of the week. The stretching and core work makes a difference, and the rowing machine boosts my aerobic fitness.

No comments: