Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More on BtB

The Beach to Beacon is our showcase event and it is impeccably organized, extremely well hosted by the Cape Elizabethians--for whom it must be a bit of a pain--and it has become a great tradition. I'll plan to run it every year. It's the one race where I'll suffer through the process of registering way, way in advance.

My splits were pretty consistent with years past, just slower. By that I mean I went out a bit too fast, ran a slow second mile, then recovered a bit until the 5th mile:

7:57
8:26
7:59
8:09
8:06
8:44
1:34

This pattern is consistent with prior years, and is also consistent with the hill pattern of the course, although I ran the uphill bit at the end of mile 3 better than expected.

I ran again Sunday, 40 minutes, give-or-take, just missing a ferocious thunder storm. I have no lingering effects from the weekend running.

No comments: