Monday, August 18, 2008

Progress, then Frustration

My weigh in was 238, so a mild improvement over the prior week.

The week was a mixed bag: I ran (walking the uphills) from work on Monday and to work on Tuesday. My back and hamstrings felt fine. By the end of a good track session on Wednesday, however, my periodic plantar fascitis flare up was in full flare. It has become a pain management challenge. I'll replace my shoes and orthodics, add more specific stretches, ice and more ice, and cut back on my already reduced running schedule.

This week I'll run on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday and try to heal my wounds.

2 comments:

TW said...

Not what you want to hear,BUT....caloric intake is a KEY piece of the puzzle.Do with it what you will. TW

Pete said...

You are right, TW, given today's science. But there's hope! We can make a change.