Monday, October 8, 2007

The Long Road Back

I had a pretty good weekend, fitness-wise, but was reminded this morning of how much more work I need to do to get to a fitness level that I'm satisfied with (and, as Steve Earle says, "I ain't ever satisfied").

On Saturday, I ran at a gentle pace for 45 minutes, a recent duration PB. I walked 5K later in the day, and walked 12-13K yesterday. This morning I hopped on the treadmill and logged 4 pedestrian miles:

9:53 HR 130
8:49 113
8:34 124
8:27 129

Then my left hip started hurting so I walked for a bit and shuffled, then jogged the final 9 minutes to get in my daily 45. I've had the hip thing before and it seems treadmill related.

I need to break the pattern of yo-yo fitnessing and develop a lifelong plan. The rowing machine helps in this. It's back on the rower for my daily 45 tomorrow.

No comments: