Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rain Delay

The hard rain today forced a switch in my weekend workouts. I rowed this morning: 10K in 41:45. I'll run tomorrow.

I'm thinking about a marathon on the rowing machine. The nutty Brits even set aside a specific day for it: the same day as the London Flora Marathon (the end of April, a perfect timeframe for me). I couldn't help but notice that my age group champion rowed 2:55. I could do that, I think. Hopefully, rationality will set in before I commit to it.

http://www.concept2.co.uk/marathon/

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Never mind these foolish personal pastimes, your team sports supporting activities have been rather successful this year:

"This time the wait was only 3 per cent as long as the last one. We didn't have to raid nursing homes to find people who actually saw the Red Sox win their last World Series," wrote Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan.

This year, Boston fans also savoured the Red Sox's first American League East division title in 12 years on September 28 after Boston held back their arch-rival, the Yankees, to lead the division since April 18.

Pete said...

You are right! Cheers! Pure joy!