Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going long


I rowed 16K this morning. I allowed myself the luxury of letting my pace slow to 2:05/500m. I needed the slower pace but I got through the workout (in 1:06:36.7). It reminded me of a long run except that instead of the creeping leg pain associated with breaking new ground on a running distance my lower back and my lower than back started barking at me. But I got through it, as I mentioned, and I topped 70K (running and rowing combined) for the week.

So next week it's 80K! I can do it.

1 comment:

Stephen Lacey said...

So that's what the rowing machines look like. They don't seem to be very common in the gyms here in J. Not the two or three that I've been in anyway.

Well done on the long row. I think you should be more than happy if you get to 77 next week. You know, 10% rule and all that jazz.