Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Long Row, interupted

I got 20K in today although it didn't exactly go as planned. I supplemented my normal seat supplement, bubblewrap, with a foam pad. Somehow the combination of those items and my backside didn't agree, and my backside lost out in the deal. Specifically, nasty chaffing of my "plumber's smile" forced me to temporarily abandon the row at 10K (after 39:54) and run to the locker room and apply antibiodic ointment to the blistered and bloody area (sorry about the TMI). Although I'm a little self conscious whenever rubbing my butt with lubricant in the men's locker room, this was a medical necessity. I return to the rower, removed the foam pad, and continued my workout. I brought the second 10K home in 39:38.

So, 2 X 10K in less than 80 minutes total, with an unplanned 4 minute break between the pieces. My HR hovered between 115-120 during the first bit, rose to 125+ for the second. All in all, a good workout.

5 laps of Mackworth (12K) lie between me and a very good workout week. I'm confident I'll bring it home. It'll be cold, though.

No comments: