Sunday, November 11, 2007

How to Get to 80K

Monday = Run, 9K or so.

Tuesday = 1 hour row, 14-15K

Wednesday = my regular Wednesday workout, 11.4K (two Back Cove laps) run.

Thursday = 10K row

Friday = 10K row

Saturday = 17.5K row (my new long row standard)

Sunday = 7-8K run (5K race plus warm-up, cooldown)

I've written it down. I guess that makes it a plan.

According to the people who study this stuff (exercise physiologists and scientists) rowing burns more calories than running. Since I can "row" (using the machine) a kilometer in 75% of the time that it takes me to run a kilometer, at the same exertion level, I guess I need to measure time rather than distance. That said, however, if I start consistently banking 70-80K weeks and I still weigh 235 pounds (107 Kilo) something is wrong, like there's calories in beer or something horrible like that. Anyway, I anticipate that my weight will drop as I train for the rowing marathon.

No comments: