Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Progress

234.2

RHR = 40

Erg 7.5K in 30:42.1; Ave HR = 118. Maybe the issue yesterday was my heart, not my monitor, it (both heart and monitor) worked fine today.

Because I have it (skip this part and get to the really interesting stuff below, readers):

1st K: 4:08; HR = 94
2nd K: 4:08; HR =111
3rd K: 4:06; HR = 119
4th K: 4:02; HR = 122
5th K: 4:07; HR = 122
6th K: 4:06; HR = 123
7th K: 4:09; HR = 125
Last 500m: 1:56; HR = 133

This is a big mid-week workout day, with my bonus workout, a 1.5 hour spinning session, scheduled for tonight. I need to get that one in, eat healthily and in moderation, then have a Thursday AM run that goes much better than my Tuesday AM run. Is that asking for too much?

It remains a bit of a challenge to fall asleep without my medicinal hops. I'm looking forward to Friday at 4:00. It seems like a perfect time to make my Uncle Billy's debut. Uncle Billy describes itself as a Rest-O-Bar. It's a 2K walk from my place, I'll stop along the way at the Front Room, the Snug, Shay's and/or the White Heart to make sure that I don't get parched during the walk.

PM Workout: The Spin. 1:34:00 Ave. HR = 102. I found this workout very difficult despite the relatively low HR reading. Quad and other leg pain (the kind of pain that comes from exertion, while exerting) throughout; back pain (the kind that comes from sitting on a bicycle seat for 1.5 hours) after 45 minutes or so.

5 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Pete, I have heard that putting some hops in your pillow case is supposed to help you sleep. I would recommend a nice traditional noble hop like Hallertauer, or the quintessential English hop, east Kent Goldings. I've never tried it so you would need to experiment with the appropriate amount. I'm sure there is a home brew hop in Portland that could sell you an ounce or so of gear.

Stephen Lacey said...

...oh, yeah, and get leaf hop, not pellets. Pellets would make a mess. Leaf could be contained better within a little muslin bag. Ask at the brew shop if they sell a bag for dry hopping. That would do the job.

Pete said...

I'll try it!

Although yesterday's formula of a 1.5 hour spinning session seemed to help, I slept early and soundly last night.

Jeff said...

Better go to the hop shop on the weekend; it'll be too tempting during the week.
There's a recycling place down at Oak Hill in Scarborough that sells brewing supplies.
I'd favor hops in your wort, but that might lead to weekday drinking.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.