Sunday, February 25, 2007

Running and walking

233.6

RHR = 37

I'm fat and happy. Today's workout is my longest run of the week, I'm targeting 14K (8.68 miles). I'll stick to the treadmill even though the temperature is supposed to soar into the mid-30s. The roads are narrow because of the snow banks and the trails are snow covered. I'm hoping to move outside by mid to late March, though.

I actually have a race to focus on. It's a triathlon! Next Sunday, March 4, the spinning group from the gym will spin, then run to Brian Boru, then run in the Brian Boru 5K road race, then drink beer. A perfect event. I'm going to stick to the promise I made to myself--nothing anaerobic until April, so I'll run the race rather than race it, but it should be a fun day and a great workout.

Oh yeah, the walking reference in the title. I'm going to add a 5K daily walk minimum to my strategery. It will definitely help with the weight loss.

Sunday's run: 14K in 1:16:37 with Ave. HR = 116.

For the week:

Running = 31.8 K
Rowing = 20K
Spinning = 3.5 hours

Drinks during "blackout period" = 0

Weight loss = 3.4 pounds

Weekly score = B+

The running, rowing, and spinning all went well. The no drinking during the blackout period was good, but I drank way too much during the allowable timeframes. Perhaps as a result my weight loss was disappointing.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I'll meet you at Boru for the race! I'll probably jog the race rather than run it, but I'll join you in a toast afterwards too. A health to the company!