Thursday, February 15, 2007

Storm

235.6

AM: 5K erg in 20:36.3; HR Ave. = 117

PM: 5K run in 28:17; HR Ave. = 114

The daily double.

We had a violent and beautiful storm during the day and through the night yesterday. It was great getting home--to my new place--and making my way out to a couple of the neighborhood establishments. The Front Room, in addition to having wonderful food, might have the best happy hour in town. Some very nice and generously portioned wines for $2 glass, and yesterday Shipyard pints were $2.50. I sought shelter from the storm and met some of my new neighbors there.

3 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

$2.50 for a PINT!! That's outrageous! Is that a happy hour deal? Very bloody happy if you ask me. Makes a prospective craft brewer shudder though. Hope the bar wears the loss and not the poor, hardworking brewer.

Pete said...

I believe their pricing strategy is designed to get people in the seats so that they stay for dinner.
It's more of a resturant than a bar, really:

http://www.thefrontroomrestaurant.com/index.php

The beer specials change daily. The pints of Pemaquid Ale were $3 the day before.

Jeff said...

I have friends who go to the Front Room frequently, but no one's ever put me wise to the happy hour specials.
Stephen probably doesn't know that Shipyard (at least) is the antithesis of the "poor, hardworking brewer." He should probably come to Portland for an extensive survey of our local craft brews.
In your neighborhood, Meg and I have been intending to visit The Snug some time.