Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Backwards Day

237.6

I gained weight, and I know why. A variety of factors conspired against me yesterday. The day started properly, with a 2 mile walk to retrieve the car from daughter Kim, then the short drive to the gym where I put in 3 K on the erg, back bitchin' at me the whole way. Then some stretching and some core work, followed by a nice hot shower. My plan was for an afternoon spinning session, the 4:30 class offered by the fitness center at the office. Mother nature had other ideas as our first winter storm of any signifigance blew in. By 2:00, the office and the fitness center were both closed. I didn't have to go to Ruski's as an alternative but the full slate of NBA games on the tube was tempting and I succumbed. I also succumbed to several Hooker IPAs--arguably more than were necessary to wash down my tuna sandwich.

So with the running trails and roads snow and ice covered, I'm off to the gym for a date with the treadmill. I'll report in again tomorrow.

+++++++++++++++++++

3.35 Miles in 30 minutes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pete,

I am now officially lurking on your blog, tracking your progress, wishing you well, looking forward to your achievements.

Gareth

Pete said...

Thank you, Gareth. I am grateful for your lurking and I would go so far as to say I need your well wishes. I am in rotten physical condition and I must fix it.