Sunday, January 28, 2007

Spin, Run, Row

240.6

Today's plan: a 1.25 hour spin (if I can get a bike, I'm not signed up); then 40 minutes on the treadmill (my treadmill boredom threshold); then 25 minutes on the rowing machine. I will report back with the numbers and results.

Today's delivery: not exactly plan but a strong workout, and I salvaged a pretty solid week that was particularly challenging given the business travel demands.

Spin: I recorded the middle (i.e. no warm-up and no cooldown) and tracked 45:10 with HR ave. = 102; Max =117. A good solid recovery workout after yesterday's endurance ride.

Run: 8K in 43:59; HR ave = 115; Max = 136. This was interesting. I warmed thoruoghly and and gradually, then added .1 MPH (the treadmill measure) every 2 minutes until I got to 7.3. I then dropped .1 every 2 minutes but my HR did not drop. I am really unfit.

Row: First, the ergometer at the Bay Club sucks. I'm going to do all my future significant rowing at the Fitness Cenetr (work). I struggled through 3K in 13:08 before calling it a day. HR Ave = 113; Max = 127.

For the week:

3 Hours of spinning; 33K running; 8K rowing. I'm fairly pleased.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Keep at it Pete. Perseverence pays off in the long run.

Jeff said...

Keep in mind, too, that for some of us, just one part of your three-part workout (say, an 8K run) would be a challenge that might cause us to rest the whole next day. I'd bet your long run of past fitness and good habits will cause a relatively quick improvement over the next two or three weeks.
I also note your weight, which dismayed you when it went back up over 240 is now back down.