Monday, January 29, 2007

A Big Transition!

238.2

Today is closing day on our condo. Tonight will be my last night at 188 Danforth Street, a place that has been a wonderful home over the past two years. It's cross-town for me: to the top of Munjy Hill!

The move involves a lot of details. It seems that the folks responsible for electricity, gas, water, mail delivery, phone, etc. are incapable of mind reading and must be notified of these kind of changes. I also need to move without misplacing the stuff I need for my Japan trip on Thursday. And, I need to run, and row, and spin and manage my intake.

AM workout: 6K erg in 25:20; HR Ave = 114; Max = 131

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Woo hoo! Do we get to see you? I know your family is your priority, but I am sure they also understand that we like to get our little piece of Pete when he is in town...

It seems form the stats that you row faster than I run at the moment.

Re: your question on my blog about M2 shape. If you'd asked me before the race on Sunday, I'd have said I am a fair way off. Now I think I could say I am two weeks off it if it was my goal. I'd need a few hard tempo or tempo/interval sessions, a few more of these longer, hard aerobic runs I've been doing, and bingo, I reckon I could go out with a 3:55/km strategy and just about pull it off. Injuries willing. Of course, I have other plans...

Pete said...

How about 10K in the park on Sunday, February 4? I'll join you for your warm-up (which will be strenuous for me), then clean up while you finish your run. From there it's lunch and a toddy. Sound good?