Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finish Strong!


235.0


With one day to go, I have an opportunity to have a great week. I must finish strong. My plan is a 15K gym workout, with most of those kilometers on the treadmill. My daughter Kim has the car so a barrier is the walk to the gym in the cold (7 F or -13C, and quite windy) and dark. Another barrier is a minor head pain owing its origin to a lovely bottle of Montsarra Cava I enjoyed last night. These are minor challenges I will easily overcome.


Next week is very challenging--chock-a-block full of business travel, business lunches and dinners, and unknown hotel fitness facilities. I leave for Pittsburgh at 6:00 AM on Monday morning. I'll be back in Portland at 11:30 PM Thursday, if there are no delays. New Jersey is also on the docket. My goal for those days is 3 (a B) or 4 (an A) treadmill runs.


I'll summarize this week at the end of the day, I'll also lay out the full plan for next week.


Kim, by the way, has improved her driving skill markedly since the photo above (with boyfriend Dominic), taken after an early parking practice session.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday's totals:
2K erg plus stretching and strength
9.5K treadmill in 52:14, HR ave. = 124; max. =138
Weekly totals:
Spinning = 3.5 hours
erg = 10K
running = 30K
stretch and strength = 3 sessions
Great week!

No comments: