Monday, December 17, 2007

In Search of Cojones

I planned an interval session this morning but didn't really sell myself on it. The plan was for 2.5K warm-up followed by 5 X 3:30 on (slightly faster than theoretical 5K race pace) with 2:30 recovery. I thought I could cover 1K in the 3:30.

The warm-up went well. I didn't have the cojones necessary to do the hard bit, however. I did 2 (1005 and 1004 meters) and then rowed 1.5K aerobically and then packed it in.

Lesson learned: the race pace stuff is tough and is a shock. I'll try again soon and be much better prepared mentally and marginally better prepared physically. I may also recruit a workout partner. Also, my theoretical race pace is faster than my reality-based race pace at this point.

Tomorrow's a run day, and then it's LR2 (17K row) on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

'sprobably better to ease yourself into that stuff. Two reps is nothing to be ashamed of. Cajones are over-rated.

Pete said...

Good point, many of those MLB players who hit all those home runs have B-Bs for cojones.