Thursday, December 20, 2007

Life, and Other Stuff

So, just before we were to leave for Mikey's wake on Tuesday we learned that our friend and colleague Mark Thibeault had passed. Also cancer, also not a surprise at this point, but also a terrible sad shock.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=156739&ac=PHnws

Mark was a classic work hard, play hard guy. I played basketball with Mark years ago but other than that there's not much of a tie between Mark and this, my fitness blog. I don't track "Jack and a splash" (Mark's drink of choice) data. A year ago I had a Guiness with Mark and he probably knew then that he wasn't going to get better but he convinced me he was. I'm going to miss him.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Pete, sincerely sorry to hear about the passing of your friends. Two in quick succession. That is not a nice way to end the year.

Hope you and the family have a good holiday season together. I'm off down under with mine. Not sure if I'll be blogging much, but you know, computers are everywhere these days, so who knows.

Steve

Pete said...

Cheers, Steve. It's been a tough stretch.

Travel safely and enjoy your trip and the time with family and friends.

Pete