Friday, December 28, 2007

Training Like a Marathoner

After the holiday break (2 days) I hit the machine hard on Wednesday and Thursday. Specifically, I rowed 20K in 1:18:18 and then followed it up with a 15K row on Thursday in 58:33. I don't think I need to extend my midweek long row any longer than 20K. I also feel that if I can consistently follow up the next day with an hour row (15K or so), I'll be in good shape. I'd like to add some short intervals (30 seconds or so) to the one hour piece. Monday will be long interval day. Saturday is long row day (capping at a couple of 36K rows). The other days, like today, I run. Today was 8K on the treadmill, starting slowly but running most of the second half at 5:00 per K pace. 43:30 total.
Holiday Challenge 2007
So, tomorrow is the monster: 25k. No excuses. I'll report back after it is done.

Oh yeah, I completed the Holiday Challenge (200K between Thanksgiving and Christmas) and received my certificate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mentaltraining - führt uns zu innere Ruhe und Balance und lässt uns Ziele erreichen.

Motivationstraining