Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Great Outdoors

230.0

RHR = 38

It's currently 33 F out there, with minimal wind. We call that mild here in Maine. I'm going to venture outside for my run this morning. The darkness is another factor, I suppose, since I have to have the car to the shop by 7:15. These are minor hardships though, in my quest for fitness. As Steve notes, I need to run further than I have been to burn the calories necessary for significant weight loss. And running further means running outside. My treadmill threshold tops out at about 15K.

Tomorrow night will be my last spinning session. The winter membership to my downtown gym expires in a week and I'm off to Chicago on Thursday. I wonder how those endurance "rides" translate into running long run fitness? I'll find out, I guess. After this week, it's running and rowing, with ultimate targets of 70K running per week and 25K or so rowing per week.

I have one minor injury concern--some ongoing soreness in the left calf down around the Achilles tendon. I've had this before. I just ran through it, I think.

6.4K run in 35:15; HR Ave = 116.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Damn that Steven for making me hear his truth by proxy!