Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Weekly Round-up

This was a good week, with 86 total kilometers in the log. The weekend, in particular, went well: 30K rowing yesterday and 13K on the roads (running) today.

The details:

I split the row in half, and to a 10 minute stretch break between 15K sets. Further, I took a 10 second break every 2.5K. This worked well. I stayed hydrated, and the break in the middle helped stave off the inevitable back and butt pain. Total rowing time was 1:57:13.1. I felt pretty good throughout. My HR increased about 10 seconds (from 115 or so to 125 or so) during the session despite constant pace throughout. Cardiac creep, I suppose.

Today's run was also encouraging. I ran slightly faster than last week despite tacking on an additional mile + to the distance. The effort was reflected in the heart rate, though: 129 on the final split versus 121 last week.

I've experimented with my recovery beverage. Strictly local stuff. Details at:
http://beerlocavore.blogspot.com/

No comments: