Monday, May 28, 2007

My Best Workout of the Year....




....was this race, which I ran yesterday:




I'm not proud of my race result but it was a great event and I'm pleased with the day. I ran 2:25:58. My splits were:


27:53 Ave HR = 113

29:58 124

28:41 124

27:16 129

32:08 135


I think (and more credibly others I spoke with) that the 4th split was short and the 5th long. The race was extremely well organized, the weather perfect, the food, beer, and entertainment great! I'm sore all over today but nothing specific. I'm confident I'll be able to have a regular training week and will be fitter for having run this. I'll do this event next year. I've posted a few photos that attempt to capture the spirit of the day. The course is more woods than fields and really better suited for deer than humans. #48 is my brother-in-law, Unca Phil, who completed the 50K and earned his second cow bell.


2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Great job Pete. It certainly looks like a nice place for a run. I'm sure your right that you'll be a lot fitter for having done it. Next stop, June 10!

Ewen did mean Fat Tire and he replied that he had carried back a six-pack from Oregon from a trip he made to the West Coast last year. He is picking them off one by one on special occasions. I'm not sure that me running a good 5k is reason enough for him to call it a special occasion, but maybe he was witholding some vital information.

I am sorry that you were forced to have to help Mr McDuff lighten the burden to be carried back to the brewery. Some sacrifices we just have to make.

Jeff said...

Congrats, Pete, on a great outing!
I reminded Meg, as she was dragging me around on a late-morning hungover half-hour, that you and Phil were out there.
Later I was wondering how running 25K would help you run a faster 10K at B2B, but I figured it is part of your weight loss plan: running 25K burns a ton of calories. And maybe your transition back to a higher level of fitness includes an unstated future marathon? Or you just like running long?