Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bye-Bye Rower


220.6

RHR = 42

It's Spring, or so it seems. We had glorious weather today. I'll run 5 days per week until November (at least that's the plan). My rowing machine workouts will be limited to a warm-up for a workout similar to what I did today:

Stretch thoroughly and strengthen the core--crunches, planks, and back extensions (I did 2 sets of each today). Then some body weight based strengthening exercises; push-ups, pull-ups, and dips. I use a machine at the gym that allows me to do pull-ups and dips by providing an assist. These are tough exercises, and will be gratifying as increased strength combines with weight loss to make them easier over time (at least that's the plan).
Oh, yeah, I drank, and enjoyed immensely (arigato Steve and Satohi-san), the beers shown in this photo. They (the beers) are posing on the railing of my rooftop deck. Casco Bay looms majestically in the background.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Yona Yona? How was that? Yummy yummy? Not being a cunning linguist, I got confused for a moment, because I think Yoni is an Indian (see, I don't think Indian people actually speak Indian, but I'm not sure)word for a woman's naughty bits.
By the way, they don't have much enthusiasm for quality brew down in Georgia. I managed to taste some stuff called Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale (from Atlanta), some Flying Dog (from Colorado), some Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (from Maryland), and something called Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, probably from the Sweetwater people, but I don't know for sure. All were better than the usual Bud Light or whatever that they serve down there; none were as good as Bass or Geary's. Don't go to Georgia for the beer.

Pete said...

YonaYona is actually Japanese slang that is roughly translated to "all night, every night." It is not naughty bits related. It is wonderful beer. My friends brought me two cans from japan, I enjoyed them immensely, and I did not share.

I also enjoyed the Doppelbock that my friend Steve brewed and sent to me via Japanese marathoners.

Jeff said...

I'm pretty sure that "all night, every night" has to be naughty bits related.
If you go to my Jasmine Six-string blog you can find a link to my jamglue studio and listen to "Yes, yes, all night long," my original mix on the subject.