Sunday, April 8, 2007

Winter Hangs In

225.6

A cold and occasionally snow and ice challenged long run this morning--Scott and I repeated the Bug Light out-and-back. It was a very good run under the conditions (26 degrees F that felt like 17 because of a nasty wind).

18.3K in 1:40:30; Ave. HR = 118

I'm pleased with the week and will give myself a "B+".

51.6K run
15K rowed

A highlight was my first VO2 Max workout of the season.

I plan to keep LR1 and LR2 at 20 and 15K, respectively, through April. The intervals and tempo work will become tougher and my recovery run will stretch to 10K. The week (upcoming) it's tempo!

My first race looms--a 5K on May 13. I'd love to run 20 minutes and I'll need to for my 42 minute 10K target in August to happen. This will be a nice test.

No comments: